Our goal at Champions Career Centre is to help individuals with disabilities achieve their career goals and obtain meaningful employment. If you are ready, willing and able to find the right job or return to school, then Champions can help you.
To be eligible for our services, individuals must:
- Have a permanent disability;
- Be ready, willing, and able as of today to look for work at least 15 hours per week;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have a Social Insurance Number;
- Have the support of your doctor for working at this time;
- Be able to attend a job interview;
- Have stable housing in the Calgary area and telephone access;
- Available to attend appointments and workshops at Champions in downtown Calgary; and
- You cannot have a claim open with the Workers’ Compensation Board.
We work with adults with a disability seeking career development or employment support and direction. We help people with a range of disabilities, both visible and invisible, including mobility issues, arthritis, visual or hearing impairment, learning disabilities, chronic pain, diabetes, anxiety and depression.
Focusing on ability within disabilities, we use an integrated approach to assessment, career counselling, Disability Related Employment Supports funding, external referrals, job search, job maintenance, job placement and case management.
We offer workshops, skill development, employer connections and 1:1 support, all based on your individual needs. We emphasize skills, ability, potential and self-worth.
If you think our services could be right for you or someone you know, please fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch. Or call us: 403.265.5374, Monday to Friday 8:30-4:15pm (til 6pm on Wednesdays in the Spring and Summer).