Employment & Inclusion Advisor (EIA)
Champions Career Centre is looking for an Employment & Inclusion Advisor (EIA). This full-time position is open immediately, and is perfect for individuals who
- Know the Calgary labor market and understand what is needed to be hired in today’s economic reality
- Understand the value all individuals can add to the workplace – including those with disabilities
- Appreciate working in a close team environment where everybody works hard but enjoys having fun
The Employment & Inclusion Advisor works within the community to obtain working relationships with equitable employers. Being a brand ambassador for Champions Career Centre, the Employment & Inclusion Advisor is able to demonstrate the value of becoming an equitable employer, and effectively creates business partnerships. Through creating successful community relationships, the Employment Inclusion Advisor is able to place clients into fulfilling job positions, and conduct follow up consultations to ensure proper fit.
Key Areas of Responsibilities include (but are not exclusive to)
- Deliver a set number of employment placements per month as per contract requirements
- Source and identify job leads and employment placement opportunities for clients by: making cold calls, and emailing potential employers
- Supports clients with their search for employment through coaching, networking and by connecting them to the appropriate resources
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in the ACT database, for effective client and employer case management
- Represent Champions’ at career fairs, trade shows, meet & greets and other events as required
- Attends development courses on creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and shares learnings with the team
- Solidifies disclosure and retention plans for all client files to ensure employment success
- Provides timely 1, 3 & 6 month follow up services to ensure employee and employer fit
Qualifications for the Position
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in social work, human resources, career development or associated discipline with equivalent work experience (RPR and CCDP designation considered an asset)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the field of job development and employment retention (preference will be given to those with experience related to training and employment of persons with disabilities) – including cold calling, developing relationships and direct marketing
- Understanding of Calgary labor market, employment trends and workforce initiatives to include persons with disabilities
- Strong communication skills required, with the ability to create realistic job expectations
- Generate and maintain a business and community network
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (all programs)
We are looking to fill this position immediately. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Champions Career Centre Team values Collaboration, Trust, Accountability and Inclusion. We understand the importance of the right person for the right job, and appreciate a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage all candidates with the required qualifications to apply for this position. We commit to working collaboratively on determining appropriate accommodations, if needed.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2017.
We will contact candidates whose qualifications are a fit for an initial interview.