Account Director – communications – media relations – public relations
dHz Media Inc.
dHz Media Inc. is one of Western Canada’s leading public relations agencies and provides intelligent, innovative services that deliver consistent ROI for its clients. This innovative agency combines traditional writing methods with digital marketing techniques. Clients have been covered in such well known media as: the ROBB Report, NY Times, USA Today, the Globe and Mail, the National Post, CBC: The National, Global National, CBC NewsWorld, Alberta Venture, Esquire UK, BC Business, the Vancouver Sun, Toronto Star and the Calgary Herald.
Currently we are seeking someone to join us in an Account Director role
- Plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement PR campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
- Manage the client relationship
- Create and implement public relation campaigns
- Source and manage contractors as required (copy writers, graphic designers, web programmers, etc.)
- Write press releases, PR plans, and other forms of corporate communications
- Collaborate with strategic partners to create compelling PR stories
- Pitch reporters, influencers, and analysts regarding announcements and work with them to understand their interests
- Develop and support public relations programs
- Originate exciting, creative concepts and flawlessly execute them across multiple channels
- Ensure that all programs and deliverables align with business objectives through key themes and messages
- Define, measure and report success metrics
- Proactively reach out to a variety of external constituencies, including media outlets, influencers, and industry groups
- Pitch and place articles in key media outlets(both traditional and non -traditional media) — strong pitching skills and extensive network of media contacts required
- Track and report on media and communications performance metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, such as marketing, client services, and sales
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to translate complex data analysis into interesting commentary for media and influencers
- Strong media contacts with reporters/editors at a wide-range of press outlets
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes ownership
- The ability to work with strict deadlines is essential as is working well under pressure
- Excellent analytic and research skills
- Digital and Social Media Marketing experience
- Ability to work independently
- Unyielding attention to detail that results in zero errors/defects
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Content Strategy & Development
- Event Planning & Project Management experience
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- A university degree or college diploma in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or in a related field
- 6 to 10 years of PR and media relations experience in an advertising, public relations or communications role
- Experience managing an external PR agency preferred
To apply: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.